Retaining rings for shafts and holes
The spreadsheet can be used to select and verify the retaining rings for a shaft/hole system as per DIN 471 and DIN 472.
It offers a simple design tool for a fast and detailed selection and verification of this type of connections, offering a detailed visualization of the main characteristics of the joint in terms of dimensions, tolerances, strength capacity.
- Shaft or hole diameter selection
- Retaining ring selection with dimensions and tolerances
- Mounting dimensions needed to install the selected ring on the shaft or into hole
- Dimensions and characteristics of the grove on shaft or hole needed for the assembly of the ring
- Load bearing capacity of the retaining ring with sharp/cornered abutment
- Load bearing capacity in case of the retaining ring abutting a machine component with a chamfer, at a corner distance, or radius
- Load bearing capacity of the groove
- Selection of the material for shaft or hole element
Metric unit system (S.I.) is used.
The spreadsheet you will purchase and receive is an excel file compiled in a “.EXE” application file format identified by our icon image. See the Activation/Support page for more details.
Spreadsheet versions list:
Version 1.0: new introduced file.