Design and verification of pin connection as per Eurocode
The spreadsheet verifies a connection composed by plates jointed with pins. The verification is performed taking into account the Eurocode norm EN 1993-1-8:2005 § 3.13 Tab. 3.10.
Different cases are covered by the spreadsheet:
- Connection composed by 3 plates in a standard pin configuration
- Connection composed by 2 plates
- Connection composed by 4 plates equally spaced.
- Verification of one single plate with pin. It allows to verify the pin connection inserting directly the forces on the pin section (shear and bending).
- Four different configurations for the pin connection
- Pin shear resistance
- Pin bending resistance
- Pin combined shear and bending resistance
- Plate bearing resistance
- Ultimate Limit State
- Serviceability Limit State (replacement of the pin)
- Reaction forces on the connection plates
- Verification of the geometry of the lug and minimum distances check as per Eurocode
- User materials for yielding and ultimate strenght
The spreadsheet you will purchase and receive is an excel file compiled in a “.EXE” application file format identified by our icon image. See the Activation/Support page for more details.
You can download a trial version of this spreadsheet for evaluation purpose. Click below to download the zipped file.
The trial version has a limited number of runs from its first activation on your computer, after that it stops to work and a new activation key is needed or the full version should be purchased.
To activate it, unzip the downloaded file, run the application and insert the Activation Key you will find in the .TXT file.
After key validation, the runs count starts on your machine and a window is displayed at each launch reminding you the remained launches.
To purchase the full version go back to this webpage or use the “Purchase Online” button on the window.
The trial spreadsheet is fully working with the following limitations:
- A pin diameter of 20 mm is fixed and it cannot be modified
- It is not possible to open/save external spreadsheets when it runs
- Excel toolbar is not visible
- Print function is disable
- Copy and paste functions are disable
- Save function is disable
What you will find in the full version
- No expiration
- No limit for pin diameter
- It is possible to open/save external spreadsheets when it runs
- Excel toolbar is visible
- Print function is available
- Save function is available
- Copy and paste functions are available
For support and questions contact us.
For Excel 32 bit format use the 32 bit file, while for Excel 64 bit format use the 64 bit file.
Spreadsheet versions list:
Added designer information. Data insertion improved. Minor corrections.
New .EXE file format for the spreadsheet. When launching the .EXE file, Excel is started and the protected workbook is opened as if you had opened it the regular way. See Activation/Support page for more information.
Version 1.0: new introduced file.