Clip angles connection
The spreadsheet verifies a connection between two horizontal H beams using clip angle sections.
The verification is perfomed considering the Eurocode norm EN 1993-1-8:2005.
- Sections database for beams and angle selection
- Possibility to insert User section for primary beam, secondary beam and clip angle
- Section characteristics evaluation (area, Inertia moments, Bending modulus resistances, centroid axis position)
- Possibility to introduce notches for the connected beam
- Possibility to choose one or two angles for the connection
- Graphical representation of the joint
- Separate definition of the bolting configuration for the connection on secondary or primary beam
- Standard steel and user defined materials
- Bolts definition (characteristics and geometry).
- Selection of connection category A, B, C, D and E as per Eurocode
- Bolts in shear or friction working mode
- Preload definition for bolts
- Graphical output of the bolting and clip angles configuration
- Ultimate and Serviceability Limit State design loads (shear and tension)
- Graphical output of forces on bolts
- Prying effect evaluation for bolts connected on primary beam
- Bolts shear resistance evaluation
- Bolts tension resistance evaluation
- Bolts combined tension and shear resistance evaluation
- Bearing resistance of the web of the primary and secondary beam evaluation
- Bearing resistance of the connection angles evaluation
- Punching resistance of the web of the primary beam
- Punching resistance of the connection angles evaluation
- Friction bolt resistance (SLS or SLU) evaluation
- Shear resistance of the web of the secondary beam (gross section) evaluation
- Shear resistance of the web of the secondary beam (net section) evaluation
- Shear resistance of the connection angle (gross section) evaluation
- Shear resistance of the connection angle (net section) evaluation
- Beam web in shear (block tearing) evaluation
- Beam web in tension (block tearing) evaluation
- Connection angles in shear (block tearing) evaluation
- Connection angles in tension (block tearing) evaluation
The metric unit system (S.I.) is used.
The spreadsheet you will purchase and receive is an excel file compiled in a “.EXE” application file format identified by our icon image. See the Activation/Support page for more details.
Spreadsheet versions list:
Version 1.0: new introduced file.