Area Defending System (ADS) by Enigx
Area Defending System (ADS) is a simple and stable script for mission makers to generate a cycle of random infantry attacks on area positioned on map from editor.
- Selection of infantry units, type and numbers
- Selection of different shapes and orientation of the defending area
- Random or fixed number of units per fire team
- Random AI spawning positions with random routes to central position
- You can start, stop and restart the cycle at will
- Detailed guide step by step with addons
- Possibility to activate the system whenever you want from ACE self interaction menu
Installation / Usage:
Create and name the defending and spawning ADS areas on map from Editor.
Extract files and copy \ADS_system folder into mission folder.
Create init.sqf in mission folder and insert this string:
null =  execVM "ADS_system\functions\initADS.sqf";
Open ADS_OpenMe.sqf to define parameters for the cycle of attacks.
Open ADS_HideAreas.sqf to hide the areas.
Detailed steps in ADS_OpenMe.sqf and included guide.
The system can be activated/stopped by triggers.
Alternatively you can launch it whenever you want from ACE self interaction menu (code and details included). In this case, of course, it needs the ACE mod loaded.
Tested in SP. Not tested in MP yet, but it should work without any problems.
Credits & Thanks:
Special thanks to Shuko for sharing his SHK_pos - Random position generator system.
License / Disclaimer:
ADS is free for use. Wherever possible, please keep it as it is. Have fun with it.
- Fixed missing files in previous version
- Included sample mission
First official version 1.0
If you have comments please use the specific BI forum page.
If you are interested, HERE you can download a document with a collection of procedures and scripts useful for an Arma 3 mission maker.
IT IS COINCEIVED AND WRITTEN IN ITALIAN. SO TAKE IT AS IT IS.