Threaded hole verification
The spreadsheet offers a design tool both for the detailed verification of general metric threaded holes.
It calculates the minimum engaged length of the threaded hole needed to transfer the imposed external loads.
Moreover it calculates the minimum length of the threaded hole needed to have the same strength of the bolt foreseen in the connection.
A dedicated sheet reports a list of the drilling holes dimensions needed to realized the thread of the hole.
- Definition of the thread parameters (metric thread)
- Steel and user data materials for the hole
- Minimum engaged threaded length of screw resistance
- Verification to an imposed engaged threaded length
- Thread stripping strength
- Thread strength to shear
- Tensile stress on hole
- Listing of the standard drilling size needed to realize threaded holes.
The spreadsheet you will purchase and receive is an excel file compiled in a “.EXE” application file format identified by our icon image. See the Activation/Support page for more details.
You can download a trial version of this spreadsheet for evaluation purpose. Click below to download the zipped file.
The trial version has a limited number of runs from its first activation on your computer, after that it stops to work and a new activation key is needed or the full version should be purchased.
To activate it, unzip the downloaded file, run the application and insert the Activation Key you will find in the .TXT file.
After key validation, the runs count starts on your machine and a window is displayed at each launch reminding you the remained launches.
To purchase the full version go back to this webpage or use the “Purchase Online” button on the window.
The trial spreadsheet is fully working with the following limitations:
- Expiration after a number of runs
- It is not possible to open/save external spreadsheets when it runs
- Excel toolbar is not visible
- Print function is disable
- Copy and paste functions are disable
- Save function is disable
What you will find in the full version
- No expiration
- It is possible to open/save external spreadsheets when it runs
- Excel toolbar is visible
- Print function is available
- Save function is available
- Copy and paste functions are available
For support and questions contact us.
Spreadsheet versions list:
Added the possibility to insert a "User values" for the screw diameter and thread pitch.
New .EXE file format for the spreadsheet. When launching the .EXE file,
Excel is started and the protected workbook is opened as if you had opened it in the regular way. See Activation/Support page for more information.
Added the possibility to insert a "User values" for the screw material.
Improved checks and formatting.
Now it is possible to introduce an "User language" in addition to the english and italian. The translation is requested to the user.
Version 1.0: new introduced file.